ARD 14/04/19 - Great day.

MarJay

ARD 14/04/19 - Great day.

Post by MarJay » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:31 am

Hi all,

I just want to say what an ace day I had yesterday at the ARD. The OMCC truly are an open and welcoming group.

I do need to apologise though, I was fully intending on helping with the tear down after the event yesterday evening, but unfortunately my radiator helpfully caught a small stone when coming in from the second to last session. Big thanks to the guys who ran me to the petrol station to get some radweld. Having ridden to Odiham on my bike, I thought discretion is the best part of valor and decided to head home just in case my bike sprang another leak. I made it back to Basingstoke intact which makes me feel a bit better about the £4.25 I spent on the radweld!! :)

I shall be frantically searching ebay for a new rad today, as well as looking to book Snetterton in July. Thanks once again to everyone who made this a great day. Hopefully all went well in the final session!

Mark.

JHorton

Re: ARD 14/04/19 - Great day.

Post by JHorton » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Thank you Mark, and hope you got your Rad sorted :)

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:05 pm

MarJay wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:31 am
....., but unfortunately my radiator helpfully caught a small stone when coming in from the second to last session. ..........

I shall be frantically searching ebay for a new rad today, ..........
Mark,
Have a good look at your rad to see if it's repairable. In 2011 while off-roading in Spain I ran out of talent and into a rock, resulting in a number of bent components and a twisted and leaking rad. I cleaned the rad in the shower, twisted it straight again and dried it over a gas ring. Then I repaired it with Araldite bought from the local hardware shop. In nearly 8 years it hasn't leaked a drop - certainly much cheaper than buying another one, or if you're going down that route anyway, repair the damaged one and keep it as a spare.

Top Tip: get a sheet of 1/4" mesh wire netting from a DIY store, cut out a shape to fit the grille of your rad and cable-tie it in place. Voilà, rad guard. You'll want to go round it with some snips to trim off the sharp sticky-out bits so it's safe and comfortable to handle, but it'll do the job fine.
Wheelies - they ARE big, and they ARE clever

MarJay

Post by MarJay » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:43 pm

Anyone interested I bought a Chinese pattern rad for £60 off Ebay, and it works OK. I also got a rad guard for £20 with the extra CBR laser cut in the centre! :oops:

The old one was dented, holed and beyond repair. a good 30% of the fins were also bent, so it's only really fit for the bin.